The culture of technology that we are living in has provided a dramatic shift in the way we are experiencing life. Technology has provided so many improvements to the way we live and the efficiency of work-related activity. Technology is here to stay—that is for sure. In as many ways as technology has improved our lives, the flip side is that it has also presented some very serious challenges that show up in our ability to relate, communicate, connect and essentially be relational.
If being members of one body means that we need connection to function properly—what is happening in this culture that is hindering that connection?
The breakdown of INTIMACY is a challenge that is unfolding before us:
- Recent data suggest that between 60% and 80% of North American college students have had some sort of hook-up experience.
- 70% of sexually active 12- to 21-year-olds reported having had uncommitted sex within the last year.
- 68% of divorces involve internet infidelity / 56% of divorces are due to porn involvement.
- 49% of Christians believe porn is perfectly acceptable.
- More than ever individual love-containers are damaged or broken
- Emotional walls keep people disconnected.
The disconnection that people are experiencing is very real and is affecting marriages and relationships like never before. The divorce rates are very high, but even more disconcerting are those in the church that are opting for casual, uncommitted relationships.
Discover Intimacy Workshops are designed to assist Christians to identify the roadblocks that are affecting their lives and how to turn those challenges into building blocks. Gary & Sharon Worrell are award-winning authors, speakers and counselors who have lived what they teach. Using visuals and exercises, Discover Intimacy Workshops bring new concepts to rediscovering connection.
Call us now to book your Discover Intimacy Workshop at your church or ministry.